The Akorner Reference brings a new dimension to our range of hi fi racks by combining Hi-Fi Racks Limited’s trademark elegance and excellent acoustic performance in a corner-fitting unit.
Designed and individually handmade in Hi-Fi Racks Limited’s workshop, the Akorner features the same sturdy construction and high tensile strength as the Podium Reference, with its 40mm thick solid hardwood plinths and 46mm² legs.
As with all Hi-Fi Racks Limited’s racks, you can add extra tiers to your Akorner Reference unit and change the openings to meet your new requirements, as your systems change and evolve over time.
A new feature for the Podium Akorner is an optional cable management system that keeps your hi fi and AV cables tucked away tidily and safely.
Every rack is handmade to order in our workshop, so there are no limits to the width depth or height you can choose.
Isolation plinths for ultimate acoustic performance
The Akorner’s optional isolation plinths will bring you even better sound quality.
Akorner Reference: Key Features
- Modular construction – add new tiers and change leg lengths as your system grows.
- A Choice of 5 solid hardwoods (Oak, Walnut, Mahogany, Cherry, Maple) and the Oak can also be finished in black or white.
- Can be finished in satin or Gloss (satin is standard, there is no extra charge for gloss however please specify on order).
- 40mm solid hardwood plinths
- Each tier can support up to 150kg
- Choose from standard sizes or design your own rack
- Removable, solid 46mm² hardwood legs for future expansion.
- Any leg length available at no extra cost.
- Choose from matching or black legs
- Height adjustment isolation spikes with locating point (available in black or stainless steel) for each tier.
- Clear satin lacquer finish or high gloss finish
- Optional cable management system
Don’t forget that the leg length includes the isolation spike. Isolation plinths (22mm thick) and cable management are only available in solid oak, black or white – satin or high gloss finish
Standard sizes: (custom shelf size available upon request)
- 445mm (W) x 400mm (D) external Per Tier
- 595mm (W) x 400mm (D) external Per Tier
- 595mm (W) x 500mm (D) external Per Tier
- 612mm (W) x 500mm (D) external Per Tier
- (Max Width 1300mm)
Standard heights: (custom shelf height available upon request, each shelf / tier can be different height with standard heights or custom)
- (Standard Heights: 65, 85, 100, 120, 150, 200, 250mm)
- Choose how many tiers. Up to 9 may be built to order.