While preparing for the New York Audio & AV Show, VPI had too many cartridges to choose from! The best idea was to bring a Classic 3 with two arms. However, the Classic 3 did not have enough space to professional place 2 arms on the table. Therefore, VPI took the design of the Classic 3, made it a little larger, and added an HR-X 12.7 arm as the primary and the Classic 3 arm as the seconadry arm for the debuing Classic 4!
VPI Classic Turntable Features:
- A large knurled VTA tower with a smooth precise feel makes it easy to set VTA during play.
- A secondary mounting with underbase has been placed between the arm rest and the arm lift to greatly improve the arm’s rigidity literally making these the only arms that can do VTA adjustments while listening and then be locked as rigid as a solid mounted arm.
- HR-X 12.7 damped stainless steel tonearm.
- JMW-Classic 3 damped stainless steel tonearm.
- New investment machined aluminum high inertia platter with precision inverted bearing.
- Speed stability on par with a master tape: Due to the rigid mounting of motor – platter – tonearm there isn’t any random motion to cause speed instabilities.
- Noise rejection that lets the Classic Turntable sit near four 15″ subwoofers and having virtually no feedback.
- Lack of random motion between the motor, platter, and tonearm giving the ultimate in low level resolution. Not only does this rigidity improve speed stability, it also allows the retrievel of low level information with the world’s great turntables and pushing against master tapes.
- Absolutely solid, non-resonating laminated one-piece chassis: This is not a wooden frame; it is a solid laminated 2.5″ thick MDF block with 11 gauge steel attached to the top with silicone and long bolts through all the layers. The chassis weighs 40 pounds and is totally non-resonant.
- RCA jack termination so you can use the interconnect of your choice.
- Anti-skate controlling device for both arms.
- VPI Stainless Steel Ring Clamp and VPI Record Center Weight.