This is quite stunning. The world’s first Single Ended KT120 amplifier. Every designer said it couldn’t be done. This tube wasn’t designed for it and on and on. After a year we did it and the sound is amazing. The sweetness of the EL34 with twice the punch of the KT88. A perfect marriage. Pure Class A. The price is an introductory price so get your amp at a great price while it lasts.
Of course its available with the optional remote and coming is the PSE and PP versions. Enough power to melt the walls. Yet, still stay in the superior sonics of Class A.
The Audion Super Sterling 120 uses Tungsol KT120 pentode tubes the amp delivers approx. 24 watts into an 8 ohm load. Therefore, it has the power of competitors boasting 35-45W. The amp has been designed to work with lower efficiency loudspeakers from approx 86db and up.
Components of the Audion
- Transformers and chokes are design and handmade by Audion: Mains, chokes and output transformers.
- Superior quality parts sourced from Europe or the US. Even the capacitors are made to Audion’s exacting specifications.
- Chassis’ are finished in-house which includes powder coating and electroplating to ensure quality.
- Special voicing of Audion amplifiers requires every part be meticulously designed to meet their standards.
- Every component is hand built usually point to point. Once burned in they listen again in case they are not satisfied before releasing each unit.
- Power: 2×24 Watts Class A into 8 Ohms
- Load: 8 Ohm Nominal
- Distortion @ 1W: <0.1% No Feedback
- Frequency Response: 40kHz +/- 1dB
- Sensitivity: Variable >200mV Full Output
- Noise (CCIR): < – 85 dB
- Consumption: 240 Watts
- Tubes: 2 x KT120, 2 x 6H23N
- Size: 42cm deep, 23c tall, 19cm tall – less tubes
- Weight: 14kgs